Italy Yoga Retreat :: September 26th – October 3rd, 2020
Dolce far Niente – “sweetness of doing nothing”
While we will embrace the ‘sweet life’ we will also be hiking, biking, wine touring + tasting, lounging, swimming and yoga-ing in the Tuscan Hills of Lucca. September is by far one of the most gorgeous months to visit Italy and utterly soothing for the soul to day dream under the Tuscan sun.
Daily swim in the warm salt-water pool with views of rolling valleys and vineyards.
Daily yoga classes
At the retreat center there are indoor and outdoor spaces for practicing yoga – each with a unique atmosphere of peace and tranquillity for centering the mind and body. The indoor yoga room is located downstairs in the communal area with glass windows looking into the swimming pool.
Constructed with wooden flooring, the yoga room can accommodate up to 18 participants and is fully equipped with Manduka quality yoga mats, blankets, bolsters, belts and blocks.
The retreat is open to students of all levels. Since there are so many things to do on this retreat, it is a great opportunity to bring along friends or family who may not be interested in the daily yoga practices but who would be inspired by the culture of Italy and the chance to unwind, explore, meet new people and join in the excursions and optional activities.
Lots of farm to table produce, estate produced wine, olive oil, and herbs. Most meals will be served al fresco (outside) onthe terrace. Meals will be prepared by a local chef who makes deliciously fresh dishes based on what is in season and the region’s specialities. Food is sourced from local producers and wherever possible, that includes organic grains, fruit and vegetables. Also available will be homemade fresh fruit and vegetable juices and cleansing herbal teas using fresh herbs from the garden.
You can indulge in local cheeses, pasta, breads, wines and other delights, along with plenty of dishes mades from nuts, seeds, legumes, and vegetables/salads, rice, amaranth, quinoa, buckwheat, fresh fruit and yogurt. Organic wine, olive oil and honey is produced in the surrounding agricultural area and is served during the retreat. Friday night is Pizza + Prosecco Night, with pizza coming out fresh from the wood burning oven. If needed, gluten free and other special dietary requirements options can be arranged.
Day trip to Cinque Terre
We will spend a day in breath-taking Cinque Terre exploring the five coastal villages embedded in rocky cliffs along one of Italy’s most scenic stretches of Liguria. For those who are hikers, it is possible to spend a day walking and climbing between these beautiful villages and enjoy some spectacular scenery along the way. For others, you can still enjoy walking the more gentle trails, spend time swimming, exploring the villages or sampling some of the local delights.
Local Tuscan wine tasting trip
Scenic walk along the “Strada del Vino” (the wine road) to a local winery for a tour and tasting. The estate makes award winning wines, olive oil, honey and pasta. You will spend the afternoon sipping on local wine, while tasting the local fare. The scenery is beautiful, overlooking vineyards and olive groves.
Retreat Prices, per person (EARLY EARLY BIRD PRICES!!)
Room Type 1 – Shared room + shared hallway bathroom. 2 rooms / 4 places. 2 twin beds, 2 people per room, sharing one bathroom. $2500 (USD) per person
Room Type 2 – Shared Room + Private bathroom. 5 rooms / 10 places. 2 single beds, 2 people per room. $2800 (USD) per person
Room Type 3 – Deluxe Double Room + Private Bathroom. 2 rooms / 4 places. 1 double bed, 2 people per room. $2800 (USD) per person
Room Type 4 – Deluxe Private Room + Private Bathroom. 2 rooms / 2 places. 1 single bed, 1 person per room. $3,800 (USD) per person
Terms and Conditions – We have set up a payment structure for ease as follows:
A $500 (USD) NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT reserves your spot, please indicate what type of room you would like. A Second Payment of $800 will be due and automatically charged on June 1, 2019.Once we receive your second payment, we will email you a confirmation along with more trip details. Your remaining balance will be automatically charged June 1, 2020. All Payments are Non-Refundable
- 2 Daily Yoga Practices + Meditation with Audrey and Chris
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a day to be decided. On these days, guests are free to explore on their own, choosing optional excursions or a night out in Lucca.
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only). transfers outside of the scheduled pick-up and drop off are not included.
- Daily yoga practice and use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- Use of the outdoor salt-water pool and common areas
- Use of the steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter $86 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and use of laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee